- PKF O'Connor Davies, LLP
- $77,516.67 -163,220.00/year*
8 Dorchester Rd
The position will serve as the IT single point of contact and escalation for the Tax business area. The position will act as a liaison among Tax business stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes and the development of business solutions. The position will manage the Tax business area's IT book of work and drive stakeholder prioritization and closure of outstanding IT issues impacting the Tax business area. The position will also proactively drive the identification of opportunities to make the Tax business area more efficient and achieve its goals through the use of innovative IT solutions. The ideal candidate will have worked as a Tax accountant and has a solid technical and business analyst background.
* Act as client relationship manager and single point of contact for the Tax area (team of ~250 staff) for IT related topics
* Drive resolution and provide transparency and updates on outstanding Tax related IT issues
* Manage the planning and execution of the IT Book of Work for the Tax area (issues and projects)
* Understand the Tax business process well enough to identify, recommend and implement technology and business process improvements
* Work with the Tax area to prepare for solution readiness (such as training materials, communications, and user-facing solution documentation)
* Partner with the Tax area to develop and implement an IT strategy for the Tax business area (software selection, innovation ideas, etc)
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university is required. Degree with an Accounting emphasis or IT emphasis preferred
* Minimum 3+ years of business analysis experience supporting Tax business or 3+ years of corporate or partnership income tax experience with a strong background in tax process and technologies
* Interviewing skills to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirement information
* Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish solution ideas from requirements, and to distinguish user requests from underlying needs
* Facilitation skills to lead requirements elicitation workshops
* Organizational skills to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to manage rapidly changing information
* Interpersonal skills to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders
* Modeling skills to represent requirements information in graphical forms that augment textual representations
* Technical acumen, ability to contribute as a member of the IT support team in addressing IT related issues. Prior experience in an IT Service Desk or Support function is preferred.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong attention to detail, self-motivated and pro-active approach to follow up on job assignments
* Proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
* Willing to be hands-on in monitoring and addressing technology issues
* Ability to work within a team environment on concurrent projects and activities
* Ability to work additional hours as needed
* Some travel required primarily within NY/NJ/CT area
* Prior public accounting or financial experience with a mid to large size firm(s) or other professional services experience preferred
* Experience with project management methodologies preferred
* Experience working with 3rd party and vendor relationships preferred
* CPA Preferred
Associated topics: analyse, business analyst, consult, government, investment analyst, investment fund, law, refine, strategy, valuation analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...