**Description:** The Optical Payload Center of Excellence \(OPCoE\) enables new frontiers in visible\-light and infrared systems, missile defense, space exploration and much more\. Our members integrate experts across the nation, within Lockheed Martin, our industry partners and leading research universities, into one fast\-acting, collaborative group\.
The OPCoE Director of Program Development \(PD\) is a direct report to the Director of OPCoE and is responsible for all program development efforts across the organization\. This includes all optical applications to Remote Sensing, Weather, Space Exploration, Directed Energy, and other applications\. You will help define the strategy and execution of the organizations Internal Research and Development \(IRAD\) funds\. More specifically, you will provide strategic leadership to teams that formulate the Electro\-Optical offerings across the LM Space enterprise\. This includes ensuring our offerings fully utilize the common architecture strategy of OPCoE, building an approach that maximizes utilization of past efforts with the goal to reduce the time and cost of proposals by at least 50%\. Other responsibilities include:
• Leading IRAD Strategic definition and execution, and handling all proposal personnel and efforts
• Providing leadership and oversight for the identification and cultivation of new markets, products, and customers including international opportunities as well as support the development of strategic plans, roadmaps and campaigns
• Advancing the organizational relationships across LM Space
• Interacting directly with internal Lines of Business \(LOB\) leadership, Advanced Programs organization, Washington Operations, Business Development, as well as external customers
• Functional management including employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions
We are seeking someone who is highly experienced in business development, optical payload architecture, System Engineering, optical image reconstruction and analytics\. You should have the ability and desire to explore and develop business opportunities in multiple sectors\. This requires strong business insight, an innovative mindset, and a track record of excellent customer relations\. We are looking for a leader who possesses outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, and who demonstrates inclusive behavior and actively cultivates workforce and thought diversity\. These qualities will allow you to motivate multi\-disciplined teams across the Lockheed Martin Corporation and teammate companies to achieve enterprise objectives\.
Position may be located in Denver, CO, or Sunnyvale Ca\.
Must be willing to travel\.
• Technical degree in Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
• Technical competence in System Engineering
• Proven success in Program and Technical management
• Demonstrated business development experience \(pursuit and capture\)
• Experience in development of Optical Payloads for space
• An active TS/SCI clearance
• Cross LOB experience and ability to develop critical internal communication strategies
• Knowledge of LM processes is strongly desired
• Demonstrated Full Spectrum Leadership
• Ability to recruit top talent to OPCoE team and develop an inclusive culture
**Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status\.**
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours\. Our customers tackle the hardest missions\. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision\. They're dangerous\. Critical\. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives\. Those are the missions we care about\.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges\. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U\.S\., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories\.
Experienced Professional </script>