Requisition ID: 80422
* Evaluate, select, and apply engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to design the conceptual of large power projects.
* Formulate technical specifications and prepare interface points with construction partners. Schedule, review, and coordinate design efforts with other project personnel, performing bid evaluations of equipment and construction proposals and developing recommendations for contract award.
* Prepare electrical engineer designs, including layout, design schematics, calculations and conceptual design; utilizing standard methods and project principles.
* Mentor and guide junior engineers, maintaining a comprehensive understanding of departmental design standards, applicable engineering codes, and Kiewit guidelines, providing suggestions and recommendations as needed.
* Work as a part of a large project team including both in-house inter-discipline engineers and construction superintendents to provide our Clients the industry's best of both engineering and physical design.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited four-year college or university and EIT license
* Minimum 10 years' experience performing electrical engineering related duties
* Familiar with basic computer operation, and should have had at least introductory computer programming courses as well as the ability to use electrical department design software tools
* Experience in field construction or startup electrical work and previous experience directing junior engineers is desirable
* Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
* Travel in the U.S. and internationally (5-15%).
How we're different
* Benefits coverage begins on your first day of employment
* Industry leading paid time off
* One of the top 401(k)/RRSP plans across all industries
* Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 annually
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
* Consistently ranked within the top five of the \"Top 400 Contractors\" according to Engineering News-Record
* Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
* 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
* Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
* We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Associated topics: circuit, electric, electrical engineer, electrical metering, electromagnetic, highline, lineman, microprocessor, relay, solar
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...