Cherne Contracting is one of Kiewit's oldest districts. Founded in 1916. Cherne is a valuable part of Kiewit and is well known for safety and quality of execution in amazing projects within the oil, gas and chemical sectors. Alone and with other Kiewit districts through internal joint ventures, Cherne not only provides challenges but the stability and career development opportunities expected in a world-class multi-billion dollar organization.
* Supervises staff and craft on project in electrical or piping disciplines. Responsible for safety, quality, productivity and schedule adherence.
* Ensures effective liaison between field engineering and craft to maintain construction compliance with drawings and specifications.
* Coordinates work and interfaces effectively with craft superintendents and subcontractors, as well as project management to ensure smooth workflow and schedule adherence.
* Resolves employee conflicts and grievances, informing project and corporate management as appropriate.
* Assists in planning work schedule, determining craft labor levels, material quantities, equipment requirements, etc.
* Ensures that project rules, procedures and programs are followed consistently, including those involving safety, attendance, and workplace behavior standards.
* Ten or more years' experience in heavy construction environment with union craft management experience
* Experience in labor and cost planning and budget
* Ability to communicate effectively with project craft, staff and management
* Fast-paced project field environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 50 pounds.
* Travel or relocation in the U.S. to project areas as needed.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
* Consistently ranked within the top five of the \"Top 400 Contractors\" according to Engineering News-Record
* Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
* 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
* Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
* We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.