The Manager of Business Development, Ecosystems position supports the corporate growth objectives related to the Ecosystem Platform model for the US organization. The position supports the identification of opportunities and the execution of in-licensing transactions and the establishment of collaborations to facilitate the achievement of the organization s Human Healthcare (hhc) mission, current and future objectives, and financial targets. This position works extensively with multidisciplinary internal and external teams, establishes and manages relationships with existing and/or potential partners, creates and delivers presentations and reports to senior management and key decision makers and helps drive Business Development projects opportunities through Eisai s review and approval processes
1. Identifying, sourcing, evaluating, modeling, negotiating and structuring strategic partnerships and licensing transactions to enhance and expand Eisai s Ecosystem Platform Model across all of Eisai s therapeutic areas of interest.
2. Collaborating with Commercial and R&D aspects of Eisai s businesses on the internal development and implementation/advancement of the Ecosystem Platform Model strategy
3. Analyzing and assessing targets, R&D pipelines, technologies or other resources that can contribute to the Ecosystem Platform Model, including their business operations, financial performance and commercial prospects.
4. Managing internal and external teams for scientific, operational, financial, commercial and legal due diligence.
5. Developing and reviewing complex financial models to value and analyze mergers, acquisitions and licensing and royalty monetization transactions, liaising with business unit and functional managers and advisors.
6. Negotiating deal terms, drafting terms sheets / letters of intent, preparing briefing summaries and presentations, and highlighting risks and opportunities, for senior level decision-makers.
7. Managing existing or future partner alliances to maintain adherence to contractual commitments, continued pursuit and focus on overall relationship objectives, alignment of resources, financial tracking, and overall relationship management.
Advanced degree preferred MBA and/or PhD, or equivalent from a top tier school
Prior work in business development, corporate strategy, strategic consulting and/or investment banking with 2 years of relevant work experience. Level to commensurate with qualifications and relevant work experience.
Strong analytical and quantitative skills including the ability to research, synthesize, and effectively communicate strategic industry, competitor, and financial information
Ability to understand clinical data and analyze R&D pipeline
Strong knowledge of drug approval process including preclinical, clinical, CMC, and safety
Proven project management skills with the ability to work independently and balance multiple assignments
Ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external business customers and executive level management
Ability to develop compelling and visually appealing presentations
Strong knowledge of accounting and valuation
Strong understanding of capital markets
Strong verbal and writing skills
Advanced skills in Excel (modeling & simulation), PowerPoint and Word, and familiarity with relevant business databases and resources such as FactSet, Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Cortellis, and IMS
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...