What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the fastest growing consulting companies in the United States. While we may be a new name in consultancy, we were born from a storied one. Guidehouse was founded in 2018 as an evolution of PwC Public Sector with a mission to help our clients deliver on their mission; providing bold new strategies that catalyze transformative results across all ends of the enterprise. We embrace brilliance. We embrace independence. Join us. Responsibilities
This individual will provide direct support to a law enforcement agency-s information security policy team, developing guidelines and mandates aimed at protecting the cybersecurity of the agency-s critical systems. This role includes providing review, update, and creation of policy for the agency-s Information Security Staff. The responsibilities include:
- Draft, review, and comment as directed by the government POC on translating federal requirements into Department policies and requirements, including, but not limited to: NIST publications, OMB guidance and requirements, FISMA and CNSS.
- Plan, develop, and assist in the coordination and communication of new policies and procedures relevant to the implementation of security guidance and solutions
- Document current state policy and procedures, research best practices, identify gaps, and develop target state for IT security oversight process
- Provide Cybersecurity technical advisory services regarding Federal and commercial leading practices, relevant strategic initiatives, and emerging technologies/trends
- Development of referential architectures and strategies, technical standards, and requirements related to information system security projects
- Communicate with both technical and functional clients regarding technical solutions and implementation approaches as appropriate
- Conduct quantitative security risk analysis
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Estimate level of effort needed to administer and maintain the procedures associated with any recommended security initiatives
- Complete Security Authorization packages, to include system security plans, security assessment reports, POAM summaries and a continuous monitoring plan/assessment schedule, and present executive briefing to the government client management.
- Ensure security risk assessments are conducted as appropriate on any system upgrades, software/hardware changes, etc. Qualifications
Required: 3 years of relevant experience
- At least 1 year of experience creating Federal Information Security/Cybersecurity policy
- Bachelor-s Degree in Information Technology
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance
Desired: CISSP, Security+ certification
Clearance: Active Top Secret Security Clearance Additional Requirements
This position requires successful completion of a background check and employment verification.
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristics protected by law.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Student Loan Paydown
Basic Life & Supplemental Life
Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
Skills Development & Certifications
Employee Referral Program
Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
- provided by Dice Associated topics: attack, cybersecurity, information security, information technology security, leak, phish, protect, security, security engineer, security officer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.