At the present time we are looking for a creative, hands on Recreation Activities Assistant/Activities Aide to assist in presenting and coordinating recreational programs for our Assisted Living and Alzheimer's/Dementia Memory Care Residents.
Full Time Schedule Tuesday-Saturday 12pm-8pm schedule.
- One year prior experience working with the geriatric population or patients with Alzheimer s or Dementia
- At least 6 months of Recreation (art therapy, music therapy) or event leadership experience preferably in an Assisted Living, Long Term Care or similar industry setting
- Outgoing, warm and caring personality
- Ability to create a program to get Residents involved and excited
- Dependable and able to supervise activities, special events and excursions for the Residents
- Creative talents in one or more areas such as art, music, readings, dance, etc
- Well groomed and properly attired, professional attitude
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Strong time management skills
- Proven ability to lead classes/instructional learning sessions and speak in front of a group setting with ease and clarity
- High school diploma or equivalent at a minimum