- $118,595.00 -104,500.00/year*
8 Dorchester Rd
Senior Manager, Scientific PublicationsWoodcliff Lake, NJ?
**Global Neurology Business Unit
- Responsible for planning and implementing publication activities and deliverables to meet the needs of external customers and internal business partners for assigned products.
- Contribute to the development of the publication strategy, oversee the implementation of execution and appropriate prioritization of publishing activities through appropriate congress selection and journal selection.
- Will be responsible for ensuring that there is alignment of activities to the strategies for the related product.
- Responsible for the management of cross-functional global publication teams and ensure that there is no overlap/redundancy across regions.
- Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, management of publication activities throughout the product lifecycle such as development, submission and successful publication of manuscripts, congress abstracts, posters, slide sets, with the goal of on-time completion of high-quality, peer-reviewed publications.
- He/she will oversee the selection and contract responsibilities with any third-party vendors in the publications process, including medical writing and publications agencies, and will be responsible for overseeing the internal review process of all publications.
- Negotiate budgets with external vendors and ensure that the publication plan is fulfilled in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- He/or she will ensure that implementation of the publication plans are in compliance with relevant guidelines. An ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders is required.
- Provide guidance on appropriate journal/congress selection.
- Oversee planning and implementation of publications for assigned products, including all aspects of publication planning, development and maintaining plans in collaboration with Medical Director; development of congress abstracts, posters, slide sets and manuscripts. Oversee internal review process for all publication activities. Serve as liaison with external key opinion leaders and authors on publication development.
- Conduct global publication sub team meetings; document and distribute minutes; liaison across global teams and with the PCU on all related publication activities
- Collaborate with Medical Directors on the planning and execution of Scientific Advisory Board meetings. Ensure all documentation associated with advisory boards is entered into the aggregate spend reporting system (as needed).
- Remain current on new regulations and issues regarding publication strategy/management. Contribute to development of department procedures to ensure compliance to regulations.
- Perform bi-annual analysis of competitor?s publication activity and assess potential gaps in publication plan. Collaborate with Medical Director and Biostatisticians to manage focused analyses of existing and new data in order to identify needs and requirements for publication plans.
- Advanced degree preferred or BS with science major
- 10 years related-experience with minimum of 2-4 years of experience in publication planning or equivalent in pharmaceutical industry; CMPP certification desired
- Working knowledge of regulatory procedures and government practices pertaining to publication activities obtained through industry experience.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple tasks within assigned objectives.
- Demonstrated writing ability and the ability to understand, analyze, and summarize medical literature.
- Proficiency in use of PC applications.
- Experience with standardized publication planning software
- Ability to travel up to 20%
?**For immediate consideration please e-mail ...@ascentsg.comAbout Ascent
The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences.? As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve.? Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization.? Become one of ASG's candidates and experience the difference!
Ascent is a leading national technology consulting and professional services firm that focuses on tactical and strategic consulting. Ascent s fundamental business is providing staffing services to Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, and Life Sciences. We focus the majority of our efforts in Staff Augmentation support of Large Enterprise Clients who utilize a Vendor Management System. Ascent works as both a reliable supplier in support of programs, as well as a Strategic Advisor in support of enterprise efforts to establish best in class preferred vendor programs. Ascent was ranked in the 2007 and 2008 Inc. 500 and recognized specifically for its innovative work in staff augmentation support of Large Enterprise preferred vendor accounts.
If you are ready to propel your career to new heights read on. We are looking for talented and dedicated colleagues to join our phenomenal team. At Ascent, we have created an environment where culture, commitment and opportunity converge to yield a truly unique place to work. We know that every employee has something important to say and that every employee is integral to our success. Where else can you walk over to a founder and talk about your ideas to help build our business and have that idea implemented in 48 hours? More importantly, we do everything we can to make sure our employees not only have great jobs, but great lives.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...